Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fun in the floods

It has been pouring down rain pretty much constantly. We had a nice snow day where the ponies had a good romp in the white stuff followed by epic flooding. Up here on the hill we weren't under water, but we sure did have a few puddles that the kids had fun playing in.




Again, not much to post because not much exciting has been going on. Well, not for the ponies at least. As for me, I have been quite busy but enjoying every minute of having a few extra weeks of the large animal surgery rotation under my belt. I want to be as prepared as possible before heading off to my internship in June, which means top priority is the hospital--as it usually is! So Sage has had a bit of a break. I try to take her out and lunge her every so often to get the kinks out, and she's been exceptionally good. Chinook has been good, too, although he's less good about having his feet handled if I don't pick them out every day (and believe me, I try, but there are some nights I am not able to get home and someone else feeds for me). The goal here pretty quick--when the weather gets better--is to start trailering the mustangs places again and getting them used to the sights and sounds of the world. I don't know if I'll have time, but I hope I can give them some more experiences before the big move in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment