Monday, October 4, 2010

Sage saddles

We've been plugging away. Sage is still not sure about having her feet handled, and while I can't say that she is getting better every day, she is getting better. It's just something we're going to have to work with all the time. Really it's the only thing so far that she has been particularly stubborn about.

To keep things interesting, I decided I would try to put my English saddle on her. Once again, I started out by putting the saddle on Brandy to demonstrate. But this time, Sage pretty much thought the whole process was boring and didn't seem to care one bit. Without so much as a flinch, she was wearing a saddle in just 10 minutes.

I didn't put a girth on and cinch it up, but just having her carry the weight without even noticing was quite amazing. Once again, I can't say anything but good things about her!

No comments:

Post a Comment