Friday, December 3, 2010

"The mustang was awesome"

That, my friends, is an exact quote from my farrier! On Wednesday night he came out to put shoes on Brandy and Luna, so I had him trim Sage before we started (thinking that if she was going to kick and throw a tantrum, at least we'd get it over with). We had been working on picking up back feet, but I'd only cleaned them a few times. As well, the last time she was trimmed was kind of a "cut and run" sort of thing. We only did her fronts, and it was a rough job.

How many times do I have to say I shouldn't have worried?? Well, I can say it again. She was the best of the three horses for the night. She was a bit nervous at first, but offered her front feet willingly. He used the post and did a normal time just like he would for any other horse. He moved on to her back feet and it was as if she'd been getting trimmed her entire life. She stood there very willingly with her back foot on the post, even offered her second back foot before he asked for it. He was blown away by how good she was!

Although I don't have any pictures of that, I'll share one of how dirty she got the other night rolling in the mud, getting rained on, and then rolling in the arena sand right after. She thinks she's so cute (and she is):

No comments:

Post a Comment