Monday, January 17, 2011

Thank goodness for long weekends :)

Rode Sage today in the roundpen. She was much better about moving forward off my leg--at first, at least. Then she got lazy and decided to just stand there. But I was persistent, and eventually she got going again. Also, we've been going to the left for the most part, because that's just how we start out, and today I tried to turn (unsuccessfully) back around to the right. This is something we have to work on. I was satisfied with just getting her going a bit. After working inside, Patrick and I led her on a walk up the road (a couple of miles total, much farther than she's ever gone). Despite a rash of heavy laziness at the beginning where she hung back at the end of the rope, she picked up the pace eventually and had a good walk. Here are some photos Patrick took of us:




























No comments:

Post a Comment